Triple Creek Introduces Amasing F.
Triple Creek Eventing is thrilled to announce the newest addition to its string of stellar horses: Amasing F. “Hase”, as this 2005 Chestnut KWPN is affectionately known, was recently imported from the U.K. through Mike Winter and Richard Sheane. As soon as Mary Bess received the video of “Hase”, she immediately traveled overseas to see him. After trying him she knew this was a “big-time” horse with true potential. Owned by Mary Bess’ parents Mike and Cathy Sigman, “Hase” and Mary Bess have an incredible bond as reflected by the start to his career in the States:
1st Place March Poplar Place (TH)
3rd Place April Chattahoochee Hills (TH)
1st Place May Poplar Place (TH-CH)
9th Place June Poplar Place (OP)
Mary Bess would like to thank her parents for all their unwavering support and especially for helping her acquire such a gifted horse. He is truly an exciting prospect with all the right attributes. Look for this pair to be top contenders as they move up the levels!
Thanks to Ashley Dodds for providing the photo!!
Our Gratitude to John and Mary Carol Harsch
Triple Creek Eventing would like to acknowledge the extraordinary support and involvement of owners John and Mary Carol Harsch. Their dedication to Triple Creek Eventing has been invaluable and we cannot express the amount of gratitude for their commitment. The Harsch’s have recently purchased the amazingly talented Theodore al Coda for Mary Bess to campaign. This gifted horse has already had a fantastic start with his relationship with Mary Bess including:
1st Place March Poplar Place (NH)
2nd Place April Chattahoochee Hills (NH)
5th Place May Poplar Place (NH-CH)
4th Place June Poplar Place (OT)
The Harsch’s have also given Mary Bess the ride on Mary Carol’s Foster’s Bold Favorite, another excellent horse who has a promising Eventing future. As with Theodore al Coda, this duo has been a pair to reckon with:
3rd Place March Poplar Place (TH)
2nd Place April Chattahoochee Hills (TH)
2nd Place May Poplar Place (TH-CH)
June Poplar Place completed their first Preliminary
Again, Mary Bess and Triple Creek Eventing would like to thank Mary Carol and her husband John for being fantastic Patrons and Owners and look forward to a successful continued relationship!
Look for Theodore al Coda and Foster’s Bold Favorite to move up the levels this Summer and Fall!
Thanks to Paige Adams for providing the picture!!
Student News--Spring Event Season 2011
Triple Creek Eventing is proud of the work and horsemanship that its students have shown this spring season of 2011. Their dedication is a tribute to themselves and their horses! It has been especially exciting and gratifying to watch young riders Ashley Dodds and Matilda Segal continue their riding education on former Triple Creek Eventing Advanced horses Manhattan and Guinness, respectively. The recently acquired rides on these horses has produced several top finishes including:
- Ashley Dodds (Manhattan) 1st at March Poplar Place(JBN), 1st at May Poplar Place (JBN-CH), and 2nd at June Poplar Place (JN)
- Matilda Segal (Guinness) 3rd at May Poplar Place (TR). Matilda Segal also recently placed 1st on Triple Creek Eventing find, On The House, at the May and June Poplar Place (TR).
Further notable accomplishments include:
- Young rider, Diane Portwood, placing 1st on her Tongue Twister at the March Pine Top (JYBN) and May Days in Lexington, Ky (JBN).
- Former Triple Creek Eventing working student and current client Jacel Galloway placing 2nd at March Poplar Place (PH) on her Visionary Patriarch and just recently placed 1st at the April Chattahoochee Hills (PR).
- Megan Harris did an incredible job with her young horse this season finishing 2nd in both the May Chattahoochee Hills and the June Poplar Place. This partnership continues to grow and strengthen. They will continue to be a competitive pair in the future.
- And with much to celebrate, student Nikki Piver not only won 1st place on her horse Dark Venture at the April Chattahoochee Hills (TR) but also got engaged at the same horse show—a huge congratulations on the engagement and the win, making quite a fulfilling weekend!!
The entire Triple Creek family is excited on more to come from all its students and is looking forward to the Summer and Fall Event seasons!!
Triple Creek Eventers Had a Great Showing
Pinetop Thanksgiving Horse Trials --- Congratulations on a job well done by the Triple Creek team!
- Open Preliminary - Mary Bess Sigman on Devan Willis’s Resolute Protector 1st
- Open Novice Mary Bess Sigman on India Watson’s Tom Collins 7th
- Training Rider--- Deborah Grosenbaugh on Arigato Sensei 6th; Tawn Edwards on Luna 8th
- Novice Rider---Jennifer Steadman on Back to the Future 2nd; Megan Harris on Sparrow’s Owen 5th
- Junior/Young Rider Novice—Matilda Segal on Nicki Scott’s On the House 1st; Callan Littrell on Kilkenny’s Fear Glic 2nd
- Junior/Young Rider Beginner Novice—Lauren Huczko on Tawn Edward’s Honey Beast 13th
I want to thank all the students and the owners of these horses for all of their hard work and support for our team. I can not wait to continue to improve on these in the upcoming season!!
Mary Bess and Guiness X Fair Well at Fair Hill CCI**
Congratulations to Mary Bess and Guiness X for braving the weather as well as the course at the Dansko Fair Hill CCI***/**. The pair had a lovely 7th place finish not far behind Karen O'Connor and Rebecca Howard.